Saturday, November 04, 2006

Its all too easy NOT to post a comment on the blog you visited

I was reading a blog this morning (Kim Krause Berg's) and read a couple of her posts and then carried on working.

Yes, its a Saturday and I am working - "pretending" to do admin like invoices and accounts... instead I am catching up with blogs or/and putting last minute touches to a site thats going to go live in the next few days... which quite frankly can wait....

Anyway it suddenly dawned on me that I'd read Kim's post and what she had written had made me want to react but because I was distracted elsewhere I carried on other doing other things.

See its all too easy to read a blog and NOT post (not that Kim doesn't get comments cause she does!) but if you come across a blog that looks like it has been cared for (and is not full of other peoples articles lifted from their blogs) but seems a bit barren on the comment side... go on, drop one in, a brief one to acknowledge the author even if you don't agree with their viewpoint... if they're putting the effort in and getting little in the way of other bloggers comments, one positive comment with feedback on their post WILL spur them on and continue to benefit the rest of their small but growing community of readers...