Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Dropping Google Adsense into this blog

I never really wanted to put Adsense in to this blog but more and more I see it as a potential way to test Google Ads success on other websites and blogs that I own.

I have another website (albeit an old e-commerce site that is functionally no more) that I used articles on as linkbait to draw in an audience I intend to incorporate Google Ads into that one too. The site is of a slightly adult theme so I won't mention it here for the time being.

This blog is a great test case for me to put Ad sense on and see if it can generate genuine clickthroughs which pay me a percentage of the CTR.

I'll try using subtle and not so subtle advertising and check which does better. I think I already know but it won't hurt to experiment with Google Adsense, learn, have fun and make a little money along the way.

So from tomorrow you're going to see Ads posted on this blog, I won't though be posting Ads on my own web site All Things Web.

I'll let you know how I get on!

Cheers

ukdaz