Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The Web to Split?

I saw this article on BBC News and it reminded me of what I mentioned to a few people last year...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/5009250.stm


I see the web already splits into 2 distinct parts - academic/information and retail/entertainment... (to me a bit like comparing the BBC and ITV of yesteryear anyway, one advertised and one did not)

With the advance of SEO & Web 2.0 this boundary is beginning to blur as search engines require more and more updated and targeted content, the popularity of newsfeeds and RSS increases and the unstoppable rise of online PR thunders on.

We already pay for Internet access in most cases so why should we be forced to pay again for another tier... ?

I for one agree that a two tier system where one has to pay more is an internet I do not wish to play on.

Cheers

ukdaz