Tuesday, May 09, 2006

First post on SEO and Web Marketing

Hi

My first post on blogger.com - must admit I've hung back for quite some time with blogging... why you wonder?

Mainly because I felt it was one of those things that didn't seem so cool with a lot of people jumping on the bandwagon...

I prefer things with less of the hype and tend to make my own decisions rather than just follow the herd... does that mean I miss out on the action, pioneering new in-roads on the web? Possibly.

So... this web marketing blog is intended to be about my thoughts on search engine marketing. Its not a trumpet for me to crow from the roofstop, more to comment on internet marketing issues that pop up regularly across the web.

Its not a tool for me to emblazon my company name in virtual neonlights either (though if you're wondering its www.allthingsweb.co.uk)

So what is that I do?

Well... I carry out web marketing & website optimisation services for small to medium sized businesses along the M4 "corridor belt". Regularly travel to Bristol but I reside in Huntingdon and yes the drive home on a Friday afternoon always wipes me out... good old M25!

I've been optimising websites for 4 years on my own and been pleased with the successes of getting my clients sites good listings in search engines.

Why do I enjoy doing this?

It satisfies my sense of curiosity

And the downsides?

Working on one's own is tough - there are times I miss the camaraderie of the office workplace - though I don't miss the commute!

The plan for this blog is for me to collate info from web marketing emails I receive and then comment on them hopefully in an unbiased way but who knows, we're all human and have differences of opinion. I'll be linking to other websites to too so that you'll be able to see whats going on... that way you can hopefully pop in here and stay informed.

Trust you'll be back and feel free to leave comments. I will try to answer them as best as I can.
Hopefully feedback can be left that will generate some decent discussions!

Cheers

ukdaz (Darren Moloney)