Tuesday, September 19, 2006

How ethical an SEO are you?

I have had to turn an individual away recently as I felt his line of business was not entirely ethical. I am not sure of the legalities of selling branded replica products online but it made me slightly uncomfortable enough to decline their offer of sending them a quotation.

If it had been ethically ok then I think I would have still declined due to the amount of SEO work the company required - they needed it fully optimized in time for the Xmas rush. That's something I cannot do right now due to existing client demand.

If I had been starting out and needed the work or the $$$ would things have been different. Hard one to call.

Why is it though I feel sorry for them for not being able to help? Should I feel guilty?

On the positive side its nice to be able to turn business away, it seems to me to show some measureable unit of success.

Cheers

ukdaz