Saturday, May 26, 2007

Google Local just ain't getting it right...

My company - All Things Web - is signed up for and listed on Google Local, which is great and has resulted in enquiries for work.... however I find it strange that Google elects to change the address from Blunsdon to Hannington (which is the next village on, about 3 miles away) when the keyword search term "Swindon Web Agency" is used...










After logging in to my Google Local Account (to check I was not at fault) I find the address is correctly listed as Blunsdon so why Google do you overrule my entry and show Hannington instead?

So the next step I figure is to check out Google Local help pages, nope, no answer there so I think I should be to contact someone at Google Local... and lo' and behold there are no email contact details, which I find infuriating.... if anyone has a contact at Google Local please ask them to get in touch...

Before anyone suggests I do not wish to use Google Help Groups... I want to contact Google Local directly, something EVERYONE expects to be able to do with any company in this day and age!

I'd also be interested to know if anyone else is experiencing the same incorrect address problem that I am or knows why this is happening and what can be done to fix it... thanks in advance

:

Labels: