Friday, October 20, 2006

Friday fun - surviving in the office

I've worked in many offices on a full time basis in my time - much of which I hated - so much in fact I became a gliding instructor and worked in the great outdoors for six years!
I found this article on the Guardian newspaper:
20 ways to survive working in an office

My favourite (number 16):

A consultant is someone in business with an ego so large it takes more than one company to support it. At a personal level, consultants work either by trying to inspire fear or trying to be friends. It's in trying to be friends with you that they inspire the most fear. The acid test of a consultant is whether they can say, "Everything's fine, we'll be off then." No real consultant can.


Did make me smile!


Back on Monday

Cheers


ukdaz