Thursday, June 01, 2006

Google Sitemaps

I heard about Google Sitemaps quite a while ago. I registered my website www.allthingsweb.co.uk for verification and then promptly forgot having quite a number of other projects to complete for clients.

So I got round today to generating an XML site map
- I "cheated" by using a thirdparty tool that installs itself as an extension into Dreamweaver. Quite useful and saved me typing out xml code myself.

Basically the sitemap.xml keeps Google informed to additions and changes to my website and allows their bots to fully crawl my site. I am hoping with regular additions (using keyword research to indentify niches) of pages to the allthingsweb site will get better rankings and increase traffic.

I shall be keeping an eye on any increases in traffic and will keep readers of this blog posted.

Cheers

ukdaz