Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Some days you just can't win....

It had to happen eventually.... I've been on a mega roll recently and because of my skills and experience in marketing and optimising websites AND my own it has been reasonably easy to convert new clients into business.

Until today.

I had presented to a prospective client who had seemed highly interested in allowing me to work with their designers to optimise their website and review and modify conversion rates.

After what felt like months of waiting they have chosen to go with another supplier for one reason. Price.

What I have to figure out now is how best to learn from this experience, which is made especially more difficult when the client gave off positive buying signals at every stage.

What it really comes down to - as my wife is keen to point out - is that I hate to lose...